Smoke Alarms and Smoke Detector Installation Services
Be it your house or office premises, smoke alarms have long been included in the list of the most essential electronic devices required to ensure the safety and security of the citizens of Australia.
From the Government of Australia to the local authorities, safety laws are more or less same everywhere asking people to go for a smoke alarms installation to avoid any physical or material damage from house fires.
Government generally insists the tenants or owners of the residential buildings to install photoelectric smoke detectors for better safety.
Here comes the significance of proper smoke alarms installation without which the whole idea will go in vain. If you still do not possess much knowledge about a perfect smoke detector installation then Mr. Switch Electrical would love to share some helpful tips with you.
1) Locate the areas where smoke alarms should be placed. Don’t choose a place near window or doorway, ceiling fan or air-conditioners, as the smoke will easily escape the smoke alarms. Better place it inside bedrooms, in the passages or blocked corners.
2) As we all know, smoke always rises high. So, accordingly the alarms should be mounted in the ceiling. If somehow you cannot manage to install the smoke alarms in the ceiling then fix it in the top part of the wall. Try not to install it too close to the joint between wall and ceiling or such dead air spaces.
3) Photoelectric smoke detectors function with light i.e. it triggers alarm whenever it feels lack of light from the source. So it can even detect smoke coming from a mattress on fire or any such slightly burning objects. This is the reason why you must not put it in the kitchen or dinning room where it can catch the smoke of chimney or a burning incense stick or perhaps the heat of the fireplace will trigger the alarm instantly.
4) Always read the instruction manual before starting the smoke alarms installation. You will find the guiding manual inside the package of smoke alarms. Be it photoelectric smoke detectors or laser fire alarms, all the manufacturers provide manuals with each product. So go through it and read all the points carefully before starting with the smoke detector installation. Do not forget to keep a screwdriver and a drilling machine handy.
5) Now, if you want to link all the photoelectric smoke detectors to the main electrical system of your house, then it is highly recommended that you should hire a professional to help you out. Smoke alarms installation can be done alone though, but not hardwiring your central power system. Even the slightest mistake can cause a major life-threatening accident in future.
Really, with Mr. Switch Electrical offering you the best smoke alarms installation there is no need to worry.
Be it photoelectric smoke detectors or ionization smoke alarms, our skilled professionals deliver the best services. So secure your life and eliminate even the slightest chance of any fire damage.