With the long weekend coming up, now is the perfect time to get around to those odd jobs you’ve been putting off around the home.
On average, homeowners spend between 1% – 3% of their home’s value on maintenance and repair each year. These small tasks, done on a regular basis keep your home looking its best, keep bills down and prevent more costly repairs in the future. To help you prioritise your home maintenance, Mr Switch has compiled a handy checklist of tasks you should complete this Spring to keep your home looking its best.
Spring Home Maintenance
In Spring, complete these tasks to ensure your garden is flourishing and your home is cool.
- Clean outdoor furniture and air out cushions.
- Pull leaves and debris from gutters and downpipes.
- Inspect roof and chimney for cracks or damage.
- Touch up peeling of damaged paint.
- Wash all windows, inside and out.
- Install/repair screens on all doors and windows.
- Service your lawn mower.
- Fertilise your lawn.
- Check that pool pump and filters are working effectively and that pH is balanced.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and change batteries when you move your clocks forward.
- Wash and change seasonal bedding.
- Dust blinds and vacuum curtains.
- Clean kitchen and bathroom cabinets and throw away outdated food, medicine and cosmetics.
- Have all air conditioners professionally serviced.
- Test panel circuit breakers.