Switchboard Upgrades & Installations
VERY IMPORTANT Stay safe with professional switchboard upgrades by Mr. Switch Electrical When it comes to switchboard upgrades, Mr. Switch Electrical is here to lend you a hand with its year long experience along with its team of skilled electricians. Old mansions mostly have age-old wiring system and now-obsolete switchboards which function poorly to provide enough power supply to latest devices. Even more, these switchboards are hardly equipped with electrical safety switches. So get a better and reliable switchboard installation for your house or residential apartment to live life safe and sound.
Why are switchboard upgrades necessary for your household?
1) Outdated switchboards are highly prone to short-circuits. Their fuses are more harmful as those fuses tend to catch and spread fire easily. Also there are chances of electrical shock with these old boards. Now, if you do not want to live inside such a life-threatening atmosphere then go for switchboard upgrades. The electrical safety switch, available these days with latest switchboards, makes it sure that you do not get electric shock or no serious physical damage occurs due to a fire breakout. An electrical safety switch shuts down the main power supply as soon as it senses the slightest hint of any power leakage from a broken wire or switch. 2) Few decades ago, your household was not furnished with tons of electrical appliances or devices. In those days, just a heater, chimney, dish washer, refrigerator and oven used to do it all. So better switchboard installation was not required. But now you have computer, cooler, vacuum cleaner, dryer, washing machine, stereos, fitness equipments, microwaves, pumps, home theatres, central room temperature controlling system and many more. Do you think your old switches will be able to tackle such a huge power supply? So it’s high time that you should go for a new switchboard installation or switchboard upgrades. 3) If you experience frequent power tripping then it’s most likely that your electrical equipments are crying for switchboard upgrades. Older boards are designed to supply power to a small number of kitchen or household appliances, not to the numerous ones you have bought. So please don’t let your life-supporting devices struggle hard to get their required power supply and hire Mr. Switch Electrical to guide you in your switchboard installation. 4) Switchboard upgrades are also necessary when your lights flicker all the time. It makes such a nuisance mostly when you are reading something or may be having a serious talk with your colleagues at your place. 5) Last but not the least, you will get the opportunity to cut down or restore power with the electrical safety switch installed in newer switchboards. A life is valuable than anything else. So why putting this precious life at risk when you have the option to stay secured? Mr. Switch Electrical is always there offering you the best switchboard upgrades and switchboard installation support. You can rest assured that electrical safety switches will be installed ensuring you optimum safety from any kind of fire damages. Everything has a use by date. If your home still has a ceramic fuse box with re-wireable fuses in the meter box or an electrical switchboard then it has passed its use by date, and your switchboard is an electrical hazard. Today’s practice switchboards are fitted with automatic trip circuit breakers and safety switches which cut the electricity when there is an electrical fault. This can save your electrical cables catching on fire or even save a life from electrocution. NOTE: Next time you take your bins out and possible pass your switchboard consider if your home has circuit breakers, safety switches OR unsafe ceramic fuses.
OLD electrical fuse box with burnt wires NEW electrical switchboard with circuit breakers and safety switches Rewirable fuses are potential FIRE HAZARDS. Switchboards – Do you know if the switchboard at your premises is working correctly or not? Did you know that switchboards and fuse boxes play a significant role in protecting your home wiring? Old fuse box switchboards have rewirable fuses which are made from ceramic. These can be dangerous and do not comply with current standards for the following reasons:
- If they are wired with a fuse wire which is a larger density fuse wire than what the electrical cable can carry, your home electrical wiring has the potential to catch on fire.
- If you investigate the switchboard or fuse box and the fuse wire is sticking out of the ceramic fuse holder, this is a major electric shock hazard.
- Due to time and the amount of electricity passing through the ceramic fuse at the switchboard, the cables insulation melts and a fire can start as a result.
- Loose electrical terminals recreate a hot spot which can lead to a fire.
Here is an example of a fuse box in which the home owner had installed a larger size fuse wire than the cable can handle. The larger size fuse wire created an electrical wiring insulation break down (melted cable insulation). This can cause the internal home wiring to catch on fire before burning out the fuse. Remember – having the fuse burning out is a good sign, it lets you know that the the circuit has over loaded. Here is an example of a poorly maintained switch board which caught on fire because the electrician had not tightened the electrical terminal. Due to a hot spot on the electrical circuit breakers and safety switch a fire had started. Regular maintenance of your electrical switchboards is necessary to avoid being stranded in the dark after hours due to poorly installed or ill maintained switchboards or fuse boxes. Remember to ask your Mr Switch electrician Sydney to advise you with a solution for your switchboard or fuse box to avoid the inconvenience of calling an electrician in an emergency situation. At Mr Switch electricians Sydney the majority of our emergency after hour electrical break downs are due to poorly installed switchboards and old ceramic fuse boxes. Mr Switch electrician Sydney provides a courtesy electrical safety inspection with any electrical service in your home or office. Don’t forget to mention your $50 online discount on your next electrical service. Just a friendly reminder that Mr Switch Electrician Sydney is available 24 hours, 7 days a week for your emergency electrical needs.