Finding a reliable and trustworthy electrician can be a challenge, especially because you should never attempt electrical work unless you are fully qualified! Wiring issues, electrical fault, isolation switch issues and circuit breaks all pose risks if not carefully dealt with by a professional.
The good news is that there is a simple way of understanding the skill level of electricians so that you can choose the best person for the job. Take a moment to find out the ways a Level 2 electrician is different from a Level 1 so that you can organise the right electrician to help with your needs.
→ CALL 1300 142 569 FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE
Level 2 Electrician
- What is a level 2 electrician
- What do level 2 electricians do
- How much does an electrician charge to wire a house
- Find your level 2 electrician
What Is a Level 2 Electrician?
When it comes to qualified electricians, there are different levels to which individuals can be trained.
A Level 2 electrician is qualified to provide the same electrical work as the Level 1 electrician and can also offer electrical installation, underground and overground work. To be a service Level 2 electrician, they undertake further study and must hold a licence that approves them to complete the work of this standard.
If you are looking for significant electrical installation work, Level 2 qualified electricians are a great choice. An electrician trained to Level 2 can handle projects which are deemed dangerous, they have more qualifications and have to adhere to strict regulations when operating in Australia.
What Can Level 2 Electricians Do?
When it comes to understanding the variety of work that Level 2 electricians can do, we have broken down their four key areas of work for your information:
- Electrical Upgrades – this covers work that requires an electrician to change the electrical system in your domestic or commercial property and can involve switching from a 2-phase system to a 3-phase system.
- Overhead and Underground Supply – Level 2 electricians can complete both underground and overhead supply works and also replace poles and cables that are faulty.
- Meter Installation – being able to track your electric usage and be billed for it is an essential part of any home or business. Level 2 electricians can install these meters so that you can be confident that your usage is being accurately tracked.
- Disconnecting and Reconnecting Electrics – if you have a property and need the electricity disconnected or reconnected, then you will require a Level 2 electrician to complete this work. Energy companies often employ Level 2 electricians when they need to stop and start supplies to customers when there have been ongoing issues with non-payment.
How Much Does An Electrician Charge To Wire a House?
Many people contact us to ask ‘how much does an electrician charge in Australia to wire a house?’. The answer to this is dependent on a wide range of variables including the location you are in, how large your property is, whether it is a new build or a rewire, and the speed at which you need the job completed. Simply request a quote before proceeding to have work completed.
Find Your Level 2 Electrician Today
If you are planning a rewire or new electrical installation, then let us help you. We have a wide range of Level 2 electricians with the skills and experience you need, at a price you can afford – plus you can be confident that we will always match you with the expert you need. Call us and arrange your quote today.